START OF THE LINE
- ✓ Isle of Wight Tramway investigates the possibility and impact of converting Island Line into a ‘lighter rail’ system
- ✓ Many industry experts consulted and reports considered including Christopher Garnett’s ‘Future of Island Line’
- ✓ Collate information on systems throughout Europe
- ✓ Commence detailed discussions with Isle of Wight Council
- ✓ Outline specification prepared based upon current assumed track condition
- ✓ Cost study completed including over 10 option estimates and accompanying whole life cost analysis
- ✓ Outline Business case prepared
- ✓ Market Led Proposal submitted to DfT
- ✓ DfT confirmed that Market Led Proposal is not the most suitable model for ensuring proper consideration
- ✓ DfT confirm that this LIGHTRAILIOW proposal is being considered alongside South West Trains proposal
- ✓ LIGHTRAILIOW.COM launched, @Light_Rail_IoW Twitter Account launched
- ✓ UKTram issue a letter in support of our Light Rail Solution for Island Line, a copy can be found here
- ✓ ‘Light at the end of the Tunnel’ Press Release launched, see press release
- ✓ Survey released to give Islanders their say on the future of Island Line, complete survey
- ✓ DfT confirm support from Isle of Wight Council essential to secure a sustainable, modern, efficient Light Rail Island Line Railway
- ✓ LIGHTRAILIOW is now seeking public opinion particularly on the following options: -
NEW, MODERN VEHICLES TAILORED TO ISLAND LINE
or More of the same second hand, ex-London stock?
KEEP ISLAND LINE IN FRANCHISE, WITH A SPECIALIST PROVEN SUB-CONTRACT OPERATOR
or Maintain the position of being South Western Railway’s ‘also ran’?
FLEXIBILITY TO PROVIDE SERVICE FREQUENCY TO SUIT YOU
or Attempt to maintain the current service provision?
INVEST IN THE TRACK FOR LONG-TERM BENEFITS
or Make do and mend?
GET INVOLVED IN SHAPING ISLAND LINE - Twitter Facebook
Or email us at INFO@LIGHTRAILIOW.COM